Monday, August 24, 2009

School is Here!

So school has started and I'm 8 days down, a mere 167 left to go! Wow that sounds....long. Well this has started off as a debbie downer blog but I'm actually very much enjoying my class and my first year teaching. My students are definitely teaching me something everyday and they have reaffirmed my love for naps. Oh so active those precious darlings are. I got a new student today so my count is up to 6 boys and 1 girl. I have 2 teacher assistants and an extra teacher assistant for a little bit of time in the afternoon, which is very helpful! The kids, teacher assistants and myself are getting used to our schedule and our daily routine and slowly things are getting better.


On top of my first year of teaching I am also in my first year of coaching volleyball. I am definitely more comfortable with basketball or softball but it seems to be working out okay. Luckily the season is over by the end of September so my insecurities about being an inadequate coach will soon end.

There's more going on in my life but my little goobers wore me out...again...so I'm thinking it's bedtime.....at 8:20.....I'm so lame.

No comments: